How to Install a Bathroom Tub Shower Unit
- 1). Set the tub and shower unit in place to check for fit and determine the location of the plumbing fixtures. If the unit is not level use wood shims to adjust it.
- 2). Pull the shower unit back away from the wall. Using the measuring tape mark the spot where the tub spout, faucet handles and shower head will go according to the locations of the connections on the wall. Mark these locations on the back of the panel of the unit where they will be placed, and using the drill, make a pilot hole in each location. With the jigsaw, cut out the openings just large enough to fit the pipe through the panel.
- 3). Apply adhesive to the back of the unit panels. Slide the unit back into place, making sure the pipe fittings are securely in the holes cut for the faucet and shower head hardware. Check to make sure it is level again and adjust the shims beneath the unit as needed.
- 4). Wrap plumbers tape around the ends of the pipes. Attach the faucet handles, tub spout and shower head.
- 5). Attach the drain assembly into the tub drain according to the instructions depending on if it is a screw-in type of assembly or attached permanently with PVC cement.