How to Remove a Honda Engine
- 1). Raise the front end of your Honda car using a jack. Position the jack stands so they take the weight of your Honda car. Open the hood of your Honda car.
- 2). Take out the bolts that attach the car hood to the car frame with a wrench. Take off the hood and put tit o one side. Use a screwdriver to take out the negative cable from the car battery.
- 3). Disconnect the bolts that hold the power steering pump in place and take the pump out. Use a screwdriver to disconnect the electric wires from the Honda motor. Use the wrench to take out the exhaust bolts and put them to one side.
- 4). Locate the car radiator and detach the drain plug from it. Place a bucket at the bottom of the radiator. Drain the liquid into a large bucket. Use a wrench to detach the hoses and a screwdriver to take out the screws that hold the radiator in place.
- 5). Use the screwdriver and wrench to remove the screws that keep the fan in place. Remove the screws that secure the alternator and remove the radiator. Use the wrench to slacken the fuel lines and air intake.
- 6). Use a ratchet set to detach the bolts that secure the transmission on the engine. Use the jack to hoist up the engine. Detach the bolts holding the motor mount using a wrench. Take the motor mounts out an put safely to one side. Take out the jack stands one at a time using the jack. Lower your Honda to the ground.
- 7). Position the engine hoist at the front of your car. Secure the engine by enveloping the chain around it. Use the engine mount bolts to secure it firmly in place. Push the bolt inside the motor mount fitting and hoist the Honda engine away from the car.