How to Replace Blown Amp Fuses
- 1). Turn the amplifier to the off position and unplug it from the power source. It is always a good rule to be safe when working with electricity.
- 2). Locate the fuse on your amplifier. Fuses usually are located in the back of the amplifier. It is easy to spot. The fuse is covered with a black cylindrical cap that is marked "fuse." There also will be a number on the amplifier next the the fuse.
- 3). Twist the fuse cap in a counter-clockwise position. Pull the cap, with the fuse, out of the amplifier. Pull the fuse out of the fuse cap.
- 4). Examine the fuse. Make sure that it is blown. The electrical contact inside the fuse will be broken and the glass may be dark as well.
- 5). Replace the fuse. Place the fuse in the fuse cap. Insert the fuse into the amplifier. Slightly push down while turning it in a clockwise direction until the fuse is tightly in place. If the fuse is loose, the amplifier won't come on.
- 6). Plug the amplifier in and turn the power on. If the amplifier doesn't come on, make sure the fuse is tight.